7/25/04 E-mail Invitation to My Closest Friends
So, as most of you know, I’m halfway through this really annoyingly difficult cooking school. My midterm is to bring in two hors d’ouevres on 8/1, upon which I will be graded. So, I was hoping that you’d be willing to come to an hors d’oeuvres tasting on Saturday, July 24 at 7 pm. You are absolutely required to eat and drink on my behalf.
The only caveat is, besides short notice, that you give me feedback on my cooking. I’m sure I can count on your brutal honesty. 🙂
8/02/04 E-Mail Follow-up:
So we had a lot of fun, and we missed a lot of you.
Just in case you were curious here is the menu…and the winners:
- Shrimp skewers with jalapeno cocktail sauce
- Grape tomatoes stuffed with pesto and goat cheese with a basil sprig
- Korean beef skewers
- Phyllo cups with wild mushrooms in Madeira reduction
- Phyllo cups with bleu cheese and walnuts topped with pears poached in port
- Applewood-smoked bacon-wrapped dates
- Tuna tartare on crispy won ton squares topped with tobiko caviar
- Maine lobster roll sliders
- Oysters Bingo a la Jules: oysters on the half shell baked with spinach and Parmesan and aioli.
The dates and the oysters….
Yummy! Thanks. And wish me luck!